Do you find yourself in a crisis situation and need help immediately or within the week? There are people ready to help you!
Your own General Practitioner
If you have a general practitioner in Belgium, it is best to contact them, as they probably know you a little longer. He or she is an important contact for medical and psychological difficulties. A general practitioner has professional confidentiality.
If you are looking for a general practitioner, you can contact a student doctor in Antwerp
At night, in weekends and on public holidays:
- After hours general practitioners ANTWERP: call 0900 10 512
- After hours general practitionars GENERAL
- Emergency medical service UZA, Antwerp
- Emergency medical service ZNA, Antwerp
- Emergency medical service at the closest hospital in your region
(Video)-chat or call someone
- Tele-onthaal: call 106, 24/7
chat every evening between 18u-23u – on Wednesday and Sunday between 15u-23u
- Suicide line: call 1813, 24/7
chat, every day between 18.30u-22u
- Crisisteam +18: 24/7
0800 25 922
- 1712: with questions concerning violence
call, e-mail, chat
- Drug line: for all questions concerning alcohol, drugs, pills, gaming, and gambling
call, e-mail, chat
- Teleblok: point of contact during exams in January and June
chat every evening between 18u-23u
Acute psychiatric problems
At ZNA Sint-Erasmus you can visit the open consultation, every weekday between 9.00 and 15.00, no appointment is necessary.
For psychiatric crisis situation, please contact 03 217 77 50.
Care after Sexual Violence (The Care Centre after Sexual Violence Antwerp)
You can visit the Care Centre after Sexual Violence Antwerp day and night without appointment, confidentially, for medical care, psychological support and forensic testing after sexual violence.
Student services at your educational institution
Are you in urgent need for a chat? Here you can easily contact your own student facility. If you are worried about a fellow student and would like to talk to someone about it, you are also always welcome for a chat.